Hopefully this long post will take care of this past week and part of this weekend. Robert's birthday happens to fall on Cinco de Mayo..rough I know... although this year we didn't really celebrate the Mexican "holiday" much but we did celebrate his birthday. His actually birthday was pretty jam packed with stuff to do (more on that later) so we had birthday dinner and cake/pie the night before. The boys picked him out a birthday balloon and a spiderman balloon for his birthday. It was during Rob's birthday dinner that Bennett discovered his love of corn ON the cob....no longer is corn cut from the cob good enough...no no he likes to take on the whole corn cob like a big kid!!
This weekend my parents came to visit. We had lots planned and got everything done that we had planned...this almost never happens...someone either gets sick, or cranky or something goes haywire..Saturday after Jackson's soccer game at
8:30 (ugh) we went strawberry picking. Carla had told me about this strawberry farm not far from our house...and again she did not disappoint! I took pics when we got there and wish I had gotten a picture of Bennett's shirt when we left!! There was no white left on him!! To say he enjoyed himself was an understatement...and yes I know your not supposed to let them eat them in the patch...but the lady told us she didn't care if he ate 2 or 10 (which he may have eaten more than that!!). We came home and my mom made strawberry dumplings! YUM!Talk about feeling like summer!
Sat. night we sent the boys out to a baseball game. Jackson has been wanting Poppy to go to a baseball game with him...not sure how much of the game they actually got to see...but I know they had a great time...and ate their way through the entire game (as my boys always do).
 |
| Thats a lot of candles!! |
 |
Yum! |
|
Heading out to pick strawberries
 |
| Jackson's 1st strawberry! |
|
 |
| Bennett's got his bucket ready! |
 |
| Bennett's 1st strawberry he picked! |
 |
| Hot Dogs! |
 |
| I LOVE this pic! |
 |
| Cheese! |
Post a Comment