We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! We sure did miss having my sister and her family here but were grateful that my mom, dad and aunt were able to make the trip. The boys got a huge kick out of the parade this year and Jackson watched the whole thing...waiting on Santa Claus. We had one of the best turkey dinners yet! IT sure was yummy and most of it was prepared the night before so there wasn't too much to do the day of which was nice! We ate what we called "lupper". It was meant to be lunch, but ended up being closer to supper time! ;) But no one got cranky!! Afterwards we went outside and played football. Jackson picked the teams and we had great time. I'm thinking with only boy cousins on both sides of the family this will be a yearly tradition for a long time!!
And of course Friday morning mom, aunt deborah and I got up early to hit the stores! This year I didn't have anything specific I was after since we got most of our stuff done early and online. I did stock up on my usual Babies R Us wipes for $5 a box! Whatta deal! And let me just say I am a HUGE fan of the stores opening early (don't like that they have to leave their families on Thanksgiving but..). There was NO traffic. And maybe 2 people in Babies R Us...now we didnt venture over to Target or Kohls bc I know better but even the mall was fairly quiet at 7am! It was super nice!
We are so excited for Christmas and can not wait to get to see the rest of our family and friends when we visit TN at the end of the month!!
 |
| He was patiently waiting. |
 |
| The kid's table. |
 |
| Family photo before football!! |
 |
| "We are the Go Vols" |
 |
Bennett on the kickoff!!
I have several more of all the fun that was had...however my computer has bit the dust AND that is where the pics are.... |
Post a Comment