Monday, August 27, 2012
The most anticipated day.....
The 1st day of Kindergarten!! Jackson has talked about going to Kindergarten since the moment he walked out of preschool last May. He literally thought he would pick up and go the very next day...Well today was his big day! I can not explain nor am I sure I even understand the amount of excitment that was in his little head. Last Thursday, we had meet the teacher. We set everything out and planned this as a trial run for getting out the door early. Although, Daddy will have drop off duty since the school is 2 blocks from his office! Anywho...we talked about everything a few days before and explained that he will be getting himself dressed...yada yada yada.....the boy was up b4 the sun.dressed.asked for breakfast. and said "k, I'll wait for you guys in the car" ;)
So today went really well. He was very wide eyed when I dropped him off and was not so sure about all the new people. His teacher is fantastic and sent all the parents an email with a pic of the class and reassured us that everyone was having a great day! It was so thoughtful.
Overall, he had a great day...I think somethings will be an adjustment for him, but he is such a smart and great kid that he will have it all figured out in no time.
Like everyone else that talks about their kids starting school, I do not know where the time has gone?!? Nor do I know how my baby boy is big enough to be with all those big kids. I told Rob last night it was a good thing he is going to a smaller school, I couldnt handle the thought of him being in a huge cafeteria all by himself (his class eats together in their classroom, family style, as they call it). It has been a huge help in this transition. Today was a very important day for us, and I am so thankful for the friends and grandparents that called or texted us to check in on him. We are so blessed. Here are some pics of the big day! I only got one at the school because he was wanting to go on in and sit down (I didnt want to be one of THOSE mommies). ;)
So today went really well. He was very wide eyed when I dropped him off and was not so sure about all the new people. His teacher is fantastic and sent all the parents an email with a pic of the class and reassured us that everyone was having a great day! It was so thoughtful.
Overall, he had a great day...I think somethings will be an adjustment for him, but he is such a smart and great kid that he will have it all figured out in no time.
Like everyone else that talks about their kids starting school, I do not know where the time has gone?!? Nor do I know how my baby boy is big enough to be with all those big kids. I told Rob last night it was a good thing he is going to a smaller school, I couldnt handle the thought of him being in a huge cafeteria all by himself (his class eats together in their classroom, family style, as they call it). It has been a huge help in this transition. Today was a very important day for us, and I am so thankful for the friends and grandparents that called or texted us to check in on him. We are so blessed. Here are some pics of the big day! I only got one at the school because he was wanting to go on in and sit down (I didnt want to be one of THOSE mommies). ;)
| My handsome little fella before Kindergarten!! |
The boys together.
| My baby boy! |
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
Post a Comment