Since the weather has been wonderful I decided to skip the normal routine after picking up Bennett. I thought it would be fun to go to Old Salem for a picnic and then to the Children's Museum since they are both so close to downtown. For background...I pick Bennett up at noon and then have to be back by 3:00 to pick up Jackson. So there isnt a lot of time in between. Normally we come home and Bennett takes a nap until it is time to leave again (he's my sleeper!).
We went to Old Salem first and sat under the trees. It was really nice and minus the school kids on a field trip (two charter buses worth) we had the place to ourselves. ;) The boys did what boys do...Bennett found sticks and collected every
stinking acorn on the ground (apparently green acorns are magical). Carson walked all over the place and tried to eat dirt. Then we left to go to the Children's Museum, which was CLOSED for cleaning?!?! I was a tad aggrivated however, the place needed a good cleaning. So, I was thankful.
Plan B.- Carters (bc taking 2 kids shopping is fun) and then another park. We had a great afternoon though and they were really good (except the crying @the closed CM-but I don't blame him).
 |
| Nice pose, no? |
 |
| Prize #1= a stick. At least he is sharing. ;) |
 |
| Let's go exploring! |
 |
| Leaves are very entertaining! |
 |
| He was trying to whistle. |
 |
| More with the sticks.... |
 |
| A rock or dirt? |
 |
| Here, let me do a taste test! |
Post a Comment