When I was pregnant, I half jokingly/half serious told Robert we should go ahead and book our ENT appointment for this baby. The older boys both had rediculous bouts with ear infections and Carson did not disappoint. We made it to 6 months..which by the way was in April (not even cold season). From April until August he had 6 ear infections..and that was in the SUMMER!!! And he is not in day care!! Seriously!??! So yes, I was very thankful when the Dr. (finally) mentioned tubes. Bennett had them and they lasted over 2 years! I am hoping we have the same kind of success this go around.
Carson got his tubes put in today. Let's just say...we are glad it is over. It is a short and painless (per the dr.) procedure. I don't know how he did just before the procedure but he was not thrilled with being woken up in a strange room with strange people...All I know is the after math. I dont even want to think about how loud he screamed in the OR. He cried the whole way home and threw up (all over the new car seat..no worries though, it washes) once. But after a 2 hr. nap he was back to his old self and into everything!
I was so anxious the night before..I know its a simple procedure and we were literaly without him for 20 mins total. It still makes your mind race and nerves dance. But while sitting in the waiting room I was reminded of just how thankful I am for our simple tube procedure. I tried not to ease drop too much...but a family was discussing with the doctor their little girl's procedure to help relieve spinal fluid that had built up on her brain and he was explaining the drains that would be placed in her head. I spent the rest of the time waiting praying for this little girl and thanking God for how blessed we have been.
Thanks to all our friends and family who texted and called to check on him...and us too. We are glad it is over and hopefully they will do their job and we will be free of ear infections.
He was pretty cute in his hospital gown...so of course I had to take some pics.
 |
| Seriously? They thought the bracelet would last?? |
 |
| In jail. |
 |
| Reading with Dad. |
 |
| He was all better after he got some time with Poppy! ;) |
Post a Comment